ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Finals

If the Cavs don't win the series a lot of people forget about what has happened to this point. But if the Cavs win? Well, then it's one of the greater accomplishments in NBA history.

Agree. If the Cavs lose, this series will be seen as negative for Lebron (2 for 6 in the Finals) rather than a positive (averaging 40-12-8).

Good point. It would probably be a negative to Lebron. I kind of overlooked that facet....but you know those who hate Lebron will use it as another strike against him, which of course would be ridiculous.

The crazy thing about this series has been how good the cavs have been. They should've won game 1 ( and i think kyrie going down like that really affected their play in OT) and they have been in entire control of both games 2 and 3. You could say they're getting lucky with dellavadovas contributions but I don' t think so, he may not be that talented but he works his butt off more than anybody on that court .I see them winning it in 6 honestly.

Good point. It would probably be a negative to Lebron. I kind of overlooked that facet....but you know those who hate Lebron will use it as another strike against him, which of course would be ridiculous.
Is it better to never have gotten to the finals or get to the finals and lose? Like, do they see the fact that he's been 2-4 in the finals is worse than being 2-0, but only getting to 2? The guy by the time he's done is probably going to have played in 8-10 finals- that alone is out of this world impressive.

yyypin.jpg
That werewolf dude had hops for sure. I remember watching that movie and wondering why the officials didn't recognize that wolf kid had something about him that wasn't normal.

If the Warriors win -- and it's the obviously safer bet that they will -- they'll go down as one of the best teams in history, record-wise, yet have one of the more unlikely, underdog-type MVPs ever in Curry. If the Cavs win, it will be seen as an all-time epic feat by Lebron. Either way, I think it will be pretty memorable. It's already a match-up between one of the best teams and one of the worst teams -- again, record-wise -- in NBA Finals history, and it has been more competitive to this point than many may have predicted

I don't consider it a "no win" situation for the Warriors, b/c duh, winning the Finals is winning the Finals, but also b/c even though the Cavs aren't great record-wise, they are led by possibly the GOAT putting in a Herculean effort. Team vs team, the Cavs are David to the Warriors' Goliath. Curry vs Lebron? MVP be dadgum sassafras shucks derned to heck, Lebron is Goliath and Curry is David.

I don't think it will be a negative reflection on Lebron unless he is set up for one more feat of greatness to seal the upset... and comes up short. I heard Mike & Mike talking before the Finals started about how if the Cavs were swept or lost in 5, Lebron will be criticized for not doing enough, and if the Cavs lose in 7, he'll be criticized for having one winner-takes-all game and not getting it done. They joked that other than winning, losing in 6 was the only thing that would be acceptable. Not fair, but since when has playing Lebron ever been fair to the other guy? He can take it.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I will say Sonia Curry has officially taken the title of "my favorite Duke mom". Just straight up snatched it from Ms. McRoberts.

We still have a game or two to go, and a lot can happen, but what are your thoughts on Lebron getting the MVP even if Cleveland loses? It has only happened one time (Jerry West in 1969).

If Curry has another game anything close to last night then there should be no discussion. If he struggles, however, and Lebron continues to blow up and loses in 7, I think Lebron should get it.

I agree. If Curry goes off again and the Warriors win, then Curry has no choice. But by definition of "Most Valuable", LeBron is clearly the most important player on the floor.

Nowhere in the award scope does it say most in-valuable member of the winning team.

If Curry throws up a stinker or two and the Warriors win, advantage James. If Steph is Steph, advantage Curry.

It's been an amazing series. I'm not a Lebron fan, but I don't think anyone has ever been asked to do so much for one team...and to pull it off. I've never seen one man carry a team like he has...and in the NBA finals no less. Absolutely incredible performance. And Curry...he hits shots that don't seem possible. I've really enjoyed it...hope it goes 7.

OFC

Curry takes and makes shots he has zero business even attempting. He's like an And-1 mixtape meets the NBA polish/skill. It's absolutely incredible how he even gets his shot off let alone just burying it from everywhere. As good as it has ever been done. I truly dont think he even knows what he is going to do until he fires it up. He's got the ball on a string.

Puling for Golden state, I don't care that Kyrie plays for cavs. I lose interest in Duke players typically once they hit the NBA, usually because I don't care about the NBA There are some exceptions, I still follow some guys pretty close, Mason, Gerald, Kyle, Shane while he played, same for grant. But especially for guys who can't be bothered to stay more than one year, you'll always be a duke player and welcomed home but I don't care what they do in the NBA. I do love watching LeBron though, boy he is great. I still think it was a mistake ditching Wiggins for Love.

Know what really sucks about G.S. winning the title? Harrison Barnes and James Michael McAdoo get rings. JaMicMac of all people OFC

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT