ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Favorite Concert

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Let’s crank up our fun off season threads…

1. what is your favorite and least favorite concerts you’ve ever attended?

Favorite- George Strait in NOLA, the eagles in Greensboro, Kenny Chesney in Myrtle Beach

least favorite- Lynyrd Skynyrd with Hank jr in Charlotte, I felt like I needed true salvation after sitting in the middle of hell in the yard 😳 awful

Reactions: smashmouth5
Favorites: Van Halen with Kenny Wayne Shepard, Lenny Kravitz with The Black Crowes, Kings X with Galatic Cowboys

Least: Megadeth at The House of Blues. Was not a bad concert we just screwed up going in. They were offering ear plugs as you walked in and being young and stupid we laughed at ear plugs at a concert off. Got through opening act. Really the only thing we heard after that was...ladies and gentlemen, Megadeth. Made it through a song and a half. Felt like eardrums were exploding. We didn't realize how bad it was until we got outside and a guy drove by asking directions. After we started answering he apologized and said he was just asking for directions. Didn't realize it but we were screaming at the poor guy.

Last edited:
Few of my favorites.
1. Van Halen with Sammy Hagar (I love Dave but was too young to catch that)
2. Billy Joel Storm Front tour.
3. Beach Boys at Jones Beach
4. Taylor Swift at Century Link Field (I went with a fan, but she puts on a great show)
5. Crowded House at the Beacon Theater. (this might be #1, they are a great band)

1. Allman Brothers, can't tell you which one, there are about 5 that are tied. First time was just after Duane died in 1971. Maybe the best was with Chuck Leavell around 1982 maybe.
2. Eric Clapton and Santana on Long Island around 1977.
3. Meatloaf at the Arts Center in NJ. I loved that guy.
4. Hot Tuna at Duke in about 1974 with Papa John Creach. Intense!
5. Bruce on the Born in the USA tour at the NJ Meadowlands around 1985 maybe.

Few of my favorites.
1. Van Halen with Sammy Hagar (I love Dave but was too young to catch that)
2. Billy Joel Storm Front tour.
3. Beach Boys at Jones Beach
4. Taylor Swift at Century Link Field (I went with a fan, but she puts on a great show)
5. Crowded House at the Beacon Theater. (this might be #1, they are a great band)

I want to see Billy Joel

Bruce Springsteen. Duke Indoor Stadium. Born to Run Albumn. Mid 70's . No prelimary band . Played for 4 hours. Came back for a 30 minute encore and the last song was " Devil With The Blue Dress On/ Good Golly Miss Molly. It seems like tickets were five bucks. OFC

The Killers at the Red Hat Amphitheater in Raleigh.
Future Islands at Cats Cradle in Durham.
Future Islands at The Filmore in Charlotte.
Paul McCartney at Truist Park this year.
Robert Plant and Allison Krauss at Koka Booth Amphitheatre this week.

Those are the five best concerts I've witnessed. Going to see Roger Waters in August at PNC arena in Raleigh. Cannot wait.

A Thursday summer night in 1978 Fleetwood Mac Lake Geneva
Next evening Jackson Brown at Ravina in Chicago
Next evening Muddy Waters at Chicago Fest on the Navy Pier
Linda Ronstadt Duke Gardens 1968
Sarah Vaughan at the Frog & Nightgown Raleigh 1979
Traffic at William & Mary 1974
Black Sabbath Chapel Hill 1970
john Prine late 70’s Carolina Theatre
Springsteen in Greensboro after Gene Bank’s last game at Cameron

Janis Joplin at Cameron Indoor, late sixties. Sat near Lorne Green, who was at Duke Hospital on the Rice Diet. Second: Marley at the Beacon.
OFC

Reactions: christophero
A Thursday summer night in 1978 Fleetwood Mac Lake Geneva
Next evening Jackson Brown at Ravina in Chicago
Next evening Muddy Waters at Chicago Fest on the Navy Pier
Linda Ronstadt Duke Gardens 1968
Sarah Vaughan at the Frog & Nightgown Raleigh 1979
Traffic at William & Mary 1974
Black Sabbath Chapel Hill 1970
john Prine late 70’s Carolina Theatre
Springsteen in Greensboro after Gene Bank’s last game at Cameron
Was also at the Linda Ronstadt concert in Duke Gardens! Were you a student there?
OFC

Was also at the Linda Ronstadt concert in Duke Gardens! Were you a student there?
OFC
Freshman class with Leo Hart, Chesson, Randy Denton. That same weekend I saw Dionne Warwick in Cameron. I forgot about hearing Joan Baez sing in front of the Chapel. She was there to support the Duke workers in a strike over pay.

Freshman class with Leo Hart, Chesson, Randy Denton. That same weekend I saw Dionne Warwick in Cameron. I forgot about hearing Joan Baez sing in front of the Chapel. She was there to support the Duke workers in a strike over pay.
I remember Joan Baez singing, but don't recall Dionne Warwick.

Played baseball with Leo. Mike Lewis was the biggest man I had ever seen up close....until Randy arrived. He always sat in the back of the class; maybe because others wouldn't have to try to look over him!

As a smart Dukie, I know you can name Ronstadt's band, without looking it up!

OFC

I remember Joan Baez singing, but don't recall Dionne Warwick.

Played baseball with Leo. Mike Lewis was the biggest man I had ever seen up close....until Randy arrived. He always sat in the back of the class; maybe because others wouldn't have to try to look over him!

As a smart Dukie, I know you can name Ronstadt's band, without looking it up!

OFC
Easy. Stone Poneys

Not a huge fan but Dave Matthews concerts were insane back in the day, as were jimmy buffett concerts.

I enjoyed Clint Black, the Church (alternative band from 80’s and 90’s), but best I ever saw live was Huey Lewis. My friend got second row seats for free so I joined and Huey was incredible live.

Bruce Springsteen. Duke Indoor Stadium. Born to Run Albumn. Mid 70's . No prelimary band . Played for 4 hours. Came back for a 30 minute encore and the last song was " Devil With The Blue Dress On/ Good Golly Miss Molly. It seems like tickets were five bucks. OFC

Somehow I missed this one. I had friends who attended and just raved about Bruce, who was just starting to become famous. I really missed the boat on this one.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Not a huge fan but Dave Matthews concerts were insane back in the day, as were jimmy buffett concerts.

I enjoyed Clint Black, the Church (alternative band from 80’s and 90’s), but best I ever saw live was Huey Lewis. My friend got second row seats for free so I joined and Huey was incredible live.
Clinttttt

I went to a Buffett show in 2012, not near what they once were but I was single and seated next to two volleyball players from Appalachian state. Fun times

Reactions: Fourteen44
Clinttttt

I went to a Buffett show in 2012, not near what they once were but I was single and seated next to two volleyball players from Appalachian state. Fun times
Two volleyball players from App State? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, my friend, but you are definitely not going to heaven. You've already been there, and there is a one-trip rule.
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT