ADVERTISEMENT

One and Done's...A League of their Own?

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
I saw this thread over on the Kentucky board. It looks like a 'Las Vegas Dealers' team consisting of McDonald's All Americans is in the works. They're going to offer a $700k salary to the tier A 'one &done' type players, $400k for tier B college underclassmen, and $100k for Tier C (free agents?). The team will compete against European teams affiliated with the EuroLeague. At press time offers are in the works for 2015 McDonald's All-Americans.

Is this even viable as a business deal? Or is it perhaps another way for agents to latch onto players in an effort to represent them in the league? Are Nike & Adidas going to throw shoe money at this venture? A lot of questions in my mind. I don't know how or if this can work. It will be interesting if some of the 1&Dones bolt for the money...if this turns out to be legit.

http://www.lvdbasket.com/

OFC

It's an interesting concept. One thing it won't provide is the immediate marketability that you can receive going to top-tier D1 programs. But I get how it can be very tempting to young players.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
This is a joke, right?

I guess its not a joke as there are 163 post about it on the UK board. I can't see it lasting but a year or two before they go bankrupt.

Last edited:
This is a joke, right?

I guess its not a joke as there are 163 post about it on the UK board. I can't see it lasting but a year or two before they go bankrupt.

It's not a joke, gottogo. I'm still a little skeptical this will get off the ground...but who knows. It is intriguing.

OFC

I love how Kentucky fans speculate on who the potential OAD semi-pro players might be: Malik Newman, Jaylen Brown, Zimmerman... all the big gets that they missed out on in the last month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT