ADVERTISEMENT

New Look for the Rivals Board

Being an old fart, you know I do not like change for the most part. The jury is still out on the changes. OFC

Ehhhhh I jus got on an was like crap.. Lol messing with a good thing! The old format was way better. Hopefully it grows on me

Geez oh Pete, maybe it's just something imma have to tinker with but i could see soooooooo much more on each page with my phone on the old layout , for now all i care for is being able to "like" others posts ...

definitely takes some getting used to. the main college basketball board has been using the format since last week so I'm a little more used to it. Its not bad but I think I liked the old one better.

For those of you old farts who don't know, the old message board was straight outta the 90s and using HTML 4 being viewed with a browser like Netscape. I'm sure the owners of the board were still using AOL, too. Now they've made an attempt to join the present day (YAY)…just remember, it's really just a change in fonts, font sizes, and button shapes. Everything will be alright.

It gets better the more you poke around. I especially like the ease with which you can upload/change avatars.

It will take some getting use to but I love being able to go way back.

Does our picture come back up or do we have to repost it. OFC

I like the old one better, but not for any relevant or logical reason: just because it was what I was used to. I'm sure this one is actually better.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
Like Crank said, not much we can do about it so we might as well say its wonderful and also if we don't like it we will be reported.

It will take getting used to it. But I do like that you can see what year you joined. My how time flies lol!!

Easier to scan more topics on old board. This will suffice.

It will take getting used to it. But I do like that you can see what year you joined. My how time flies lol!!
I do like the year function, pretty cool. My God I joined before pretty much everyone, figured Heyman joined in 1988 when Gore invented the internet.

Reactions: Heyman25

Ah, seeing my join date reminds me of when ESPN killed their message boards.

Worked out for the best, as I prefer this board over any board I've ever posted at.

I see a point calculation at the top-right of the screen. Points? We get points? How? I'm not sure what they're for, but the video gamer in me wants more points. GIMME POINTS!!!

What happened to my avatar and how do I get it back?

Last edited:
Apparantly all bans have been lifted as well. I don't know if that's good or bad....

I do like the year function, pretty cool. My God I joined before pretty much everyone, figured Heyman joined in 1988 when Gore invented the internet.

The world would be in trouble if Gore had actually invented the net. Pretty good there, Laettner! OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
I like the way it shows the date you joined the board. Haven't figured out what replaced the previous and next thread option. Had to change my avatar though. My son and grandsons. OFC

If we should read a really stupid post on the UNcheats board (a likely daily scenario),
can we report the post as being asinine and stupid now that we have a report button and are we to assume the mods read the report?

Last edited:
DJ. Go to the top black bar where it has your nickname and click. It has a place for the avatar. I couldn't use my old avatar because it wasn't with my pics. That's why I changed it to the one I have up now Still don't quite understand it but I found it by accident. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT