ADVERTISEMENT

Ingram DBP interview

I think the chemistry is quite where it was last year, but I think Dave Bradley has been instrumental in helping indoctrinate the young guys and keep thing light in the locker room.

That was definitely good to see as you always wonder about how the last guy to commit will mesh. It definitely seems like Brandon and Chase are getting along very well behind the scenes by the way. I said it in another post, but chemistry a trust will be huge for this group.

Marshall must help chemistry significantly. He seems like such a fun guy to be around.

Also, holy cow, does Brandon Ingram have a 27 foot wingspan?

Reactions: mbdfan and dbav
Besides what he does defensively and on the glass, Marshall helps with all the intangibles: energy, intensity, and being selfless. It's great that he stays loose and welcomes all the new guys in as part of the family.

Golly Ingram is skinny! Like freshman John Henson skinny.

The talent is there no doubt, but I do wonder if the size is any red flag at the next level.

I know KD went #2, but i think that's more the exception than the rule given Durants offensive tools.

Reactions: skysdad
"Marshall and Coach K are the two reasons I picked Duke." - Marshall Plumlee

insert rolling, laughing emoticon.

And, wow, what a vertical.

Reactions: dbav

The talent is there no doubt, but I do wonder if the size is any red flag at the next level.

I know KD went #2, but i think that's more the exception than the rule given Durants offensive tools.

That will enable him to squeeze through small holes in he defense and hide behind Marshall on offense so he can score at will.:D OFC

Pretty ridiculous (though a running start). Would be interesting to see what his actual standing vert is.

Love that nick-name, "Avatar."

IMO, depends entirely on his position. Henson was a bit of a disaster b/c (i) he spent half of the year trying to play the 3 even though he had no offensive ability outside of 6 ft. from the rim as a true frosh, and (ii) Henson didn't have the muscle to matchup against physical 4s and 5s. While I think that will be an issue for Ingram as well when he tries to play downlow, I tend to think it's not going to be as big of an issue because -- like Durant -- he's comfortable playing on the perimeter -- and, in fact, prefers to play from the perimeter. With his length, I don't think 3s will have much success exposing his relative lack of strength.

Pretty ridiculous (though a running start). Would be interesting to see what his actual standing vert is.

Love that nick-name, "Avatar."

Although he's clearly an athletic kid, I think what sets Ingram apart is his 9'1.5 standing reach -- which is pretty remarkable for a kid who runs and jumps like a wing-player. His standing reach measurements are far more akin to a big guy (I think better than any of the Plumlees) than it is to typical 3. I bet his vertical jump is good, but not necessarily extraordinary.

Although he's clearly an athletic kid, I think what sets Ingram apart is his 9'1.5 standing reach -- which is pretty remarkable for a kid who runs and jumps like a wing-player. His standing reach measurements are far more akin to a big guy (I think better than any of the Plumlees) than it is to typical 3. I bet his vertical jump is good, but not necessarily extraordinary.
he should be living in the weight room/cafeteria.

I agree Aah...think his length is what is incredible...not his vertical. Going to enjoy seeing him in a Duke uni.

OFC

it scares me how thin he is though.He's definitely going to struggle against stronger guys

it scares me how thin he is though.He's definitely going to struggle against stronger guys

Coach will help him avoid being in that position too often. He'll be a great off-the-ball defender. I worry a little about him going up for boards in a crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT