ADVERTISEMENT

How did you come up with your username?

Mine is pretty self explanatory. I've been a Duke fan since the early to mid 80's (when Danny Ferry was at Duke) and I've been a fan since and always will be a Duke fan.

Favorite player, Battier. I became a dad for the first time on the day of the '01 FF comeback vs Maryland, watched the title game 2 days later as my wife slept and my 2 day old 1st born daughter was in my arms. I think I first had a username for the first time that Summer while taking some time off from work to stay home w/ her, so daddy-ay or Dad + Battier became Dattier.

It would probably just be simpler if I just claimed it was a contraction of "Who's your Daddy? Battier!"

Art Heyman was my basketball hero back in my high school days. Wore #25 because of him. Still my favorite and one of the greatest to ever put on the royal blue and gold. OFC

Started pulling for Duke way back in middle school when Tommy Amaker's mom was an English teacher at my school in Oakton, VA. My next door neighbor was best friends with a Grant Hill who went to a rival school (South Lakes) in our conference. Been hooked ever since.

Screen name is fairly self explanatory....as someone that loathed running I decided I wanted to someday do a 140.6 mile triathlon....not sure why exactly lol. Did manage to race in Ironman World Championship in 2010....2010 was indeed an epic year.

Reactions: Wojoman
Local radio personality Common Man Dan Cole in Minneapolis uses the saying "DohK" when responding to absurd claims or preposterous statements. Ex. - "The Vikings will win the Super Bowl next year!" - response said with sort of a chuckle - "DohK".

It caught on with my group of friends in college and we used it all the time.

In many ways it makes no sense to use it as my username, as it is as if I'm scoffing at the idea of "Dukies" but whatever...it seemed like a great idea at the time. I fear any MN Duke fans who know of the Common Man's progrum thinking I'm a troll and actually a Duke hater because of the misuse of the "DohK".

Local radio personality Common Man Dan Cole in Minneapolis uses the saying "DohK" when responding to absurd claims or preposterous statements. Ex. - "The Vikings will win the Super Bowl next year!" - response said with sort of a chuckle - "DohK".

It caught on with my group of friends in college and we used it all the time.

In many ways it makes no sense to use it as my username, as it is as if I'm scoffing at the idea of "Dukies" but whatever...it seemed like a great idea at the time. I fear any MN Duke fans who know of the Common Man's progrum thinking I'm a troll and actually a Duke hater because of the misuse of the "DohK".

I know Common personally....have played a lot of golf with him over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT