ADVERTISEMENT

Has Anyone Seen the new Movie 'Mission Impossible5 UNC Rogue Nation'?

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
I want to see it, but I can't make it. I've seen the trailer, and it sure looks like a super cool movie. From what little I've heard it's about two terrorist organizations, the 'NCAA' & 'SACS', who want to make the UNC student-athletes attend real classes, and also steal the men's basketball banners. As expected, the Mission Impossible team, lead by Roy Williams, is putting up a hell of a fight. This film has been 5 years in the making, and boy does the attention to details show. As it should, with the huge budget allotted to it (all the tax money that the Heels can suck out of the NC population).

And the stunts...man oh man...they are over the top. Ol' Roy, even at his age, is still doing all his own stunts. Talking about realism, Roy took the team to Haiti to film an earthquake scene, and when one didn't happen...well...his dedicated team detonated an explosive device to trigger one. When the locals complained, Roy let them know right quickly it didn't seem like such a catastrophe...not compared to losing 2 championship banners anyway. And Roy showed no fear when he filmed the famous 'shoot 'em in the ass with a bb gun' scene by going directly to the NC State campus. Used real bb's too...and actual Pack Pride posters for the targets. The man gives it his all for his craft.

Oh, and remember I said Roy still does his own stunts? Yep, amazing. And he didn't get a scratch on him during the 5 year shoot. The NCAA & SACS threw everything at him but the kitchen sink, but Roy said ' I didn't know', and whamo, not even a wrinkle in his suit. There was a little bad news concerning stunts though. It's reported that Sylvia Hatchell was hurt quite severely when she was run over by a bus. Bradley Bethel and the UNC Administration quickly noted that Sylvia doesn't have the experience of a stunt veteran like Roy Williams. And Roy's veteran stunt work has been rewarded by a contract extension. You'll be seeing Ol'Roy for years to come on the big stage.

Roy is hanging on, and I'm anxious to see if he's able to hang on to those banners also. With a savvy vet like Roy running the Mission Impossible team...it's hard to bet against him.

Roy%20Williams%20Mission%20Impossible%20Rogue%20Final%20gif.gif

OFC

I saw it. Roy's portrayal of a coach who knew nothing about the corruption in his program was damn-near Oscar-worthy. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

I want to see it, but I can't make it. I've seen the trailer, and it sure looks like a super cool movie. From what little I've heard it's about two terrorist organizations, the 'NCAA' & 'SACS', who want to make the UNC student-athletes attend real classes, and also steal the men's basketball banners. As expected, the Mission Impossible team, lead by Roy Williams, is putting up a hell of a fight. This film has been 5 years in the making, and boy does the attention to details show. As it should, with the huge budget allotted to it (all the tax money that the Heels can suck out of the NC population).

And the stunts...man oh man...they are over the top. Ol' Roy, even at his age, is still doing all his own stunts. Talking about realism, Roy took the team to Haiti to film an earthquake scene, and when one didn't happen...well...his dedicated team detonated an explosive device to trigger one. When the locals complained, Roy let them know right quickly it didn't seem like such a catastrophe...not compared to losing 2 championship banners anyway. And Roy showed no fear when he filmed the famous 'shoot 'em in the ass with a bb gun' scene by going directly to the NC State campus. Used real bb's too...and actual Pack Pride posters for the targets. The man gives it his all for his craft.

Oh, and remember I said Roy still does his own stunts? Yep, amazing. And he didn't get a scratch on him during the 5 year shoot. The NCAA & SACS threw everything at him but the kitchen sink, but Roy said ' I didn't know', and whamo, not even a wrinkle in his suit. There was a little bad news concerning stunts though. It's reported that Sylvia Hatchell was hurt quite severely when she was run over by a bus. Bradley Bethel and the UNC Administration quickly noted that Sylvia doesn't have the experience of a stunt veteran like Roy Williams. And Roy's veteran stunt work has been rewarded by a contract extension. You'll be seeing Ol'Roy for years to come on the big stage.

Roy is hanging on, and I'm anxious to see if he's able to hang on to those banners also. With a savvy vet like Roy running the Mission Impossible team...it's hard to bet against him.

OFC

OFC

Danged dirt HOF Coach Roy Williams is gonna have you a marked man. I still think he's a THR regular and trolls this board. I haven't figured out which one he is though. I do think I know the identity of keyser. It's Mahktar N'diaye.:D OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Danged dirt HOF Coach Roy Williams is gonna have you a marked man. I still think he's a THR regular and trolls this board. I haven't figured out which one he is though. I do think I know the identity of keyser. It's Mahktar N'diaye.:D OFC

Great balls of fire, Sky...I believe you might have hit on Keyser's identity! I think I'll be safe from Roy as long as I'm careful about being around a bus.:p

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Dirt you know something man, we love you here on this board almost I imagine, as you are hated on the Cheaters board. And Dirt I think you are correct about that identity or either its ChapelHeeled.

Dirt you know something man, we love you here on this board almost I imagine, as you are hated on the Cheaters board. And Dirt I think you are correct about that identity or either its ChapelHeeled.

I'm putting my money on that ChapelHeeled is the "honorable" Mike Nifong. OFC

Doing well. Where you been buddy? I started to email you a couple of times, but I figured you were enjoying the summer!

I have been travelling a lot. I actually visited Duke last week. A lot of work being done on Cameron Indoor Stadium, Wallace Wade, and the Duke Chapel. Check out some of my pics in the link I took of my trip. I also ran into Nolan Smith on 9th street and talked to him briefly.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...1073741826.104171552948013&type=3&pnref=story

I have been travelling a lot. I actually visited Duke last week. A lot of work being done on Cameron Indoor Stadium, Wallace Wade, and the Duke Chapel. Check out some of my pics in the link I took of my trip. I also ran into Nolan Smith on 9th street and talked to him briefly.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...1073741826.104171552948013&type=3&pnref=story

Glad to hear you're having some fun, Skee! Great pics...thanks for sharing them. Might not be a bad idea for you to start a new thread for them...more people will get to see 'em. Hope you'll get to post a little more soon.

OFC

Reactions: Skeelow22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT