ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Jackson

I wish Frank Jackson would go ahead and pick Duke.He really does seem like a Duke fit to me. OFC

Reactions: dbav
Tatum is more refined offensively coming out of HS than Winslow. He's a better shooter and is a better ball handler. He is not as good as an on ball defender (yet) and no where near as physically strong. Tatum has some similarities to Ingram's game but Tatum is more put together than Ingram physically. When or If Tatum decides to pick Duke the program would have three years in a row of a impact freshmen starter at the three. Kid is OAD.

Frank could easily be a starting PG for a major college program. His athleticism, scoring ability and PG skills are very good. Now if DT stays to be a sophomore and he and Frank are in the back court together then that could arguably be the most athleticly quick back court Duke has had; not necessarily the best because Kyrie/Nolan, Duhon/Williams or Cook/Jones might rank up there, but in terms of pure athletic ability, and strengths to play off of one another, Frank/DT would be incredible.

Giles is the guy Duke has to get. As a 4 he can shoot it, he can score around the rim, he's athletic and mobile and he has good size. Duke should be fine with the guys playing the 5 so Giles could be the missing pieces to a roster that is completely loaded.

I think we'll be a 1-2 seed next March, but agree that our potential lineup in 2016 could inspire the same undefeated conversation that UK had this past year.

With Jackson, unless he grows another couple of inches, I don't see how he plays anything other than the 1 in the NBA. If Thorton comes back, does that impact Frank's decision? Hopefully not but I could see that as a question mark for him.

I think we'll be a 1-2 seed next March, but agree that our potential lineup in 2016 could inspire the same undefeated conversation that UK had this past year.

With Jackson, unless he grows another couple of inches, I don't see how he plays anything other than the 1 in the NBA. If Thorton comes back, does that impact Frank's decision? Hopefully not but I could see that as a question mark for him.

If Jackson commits this summer and signs in the fall, then he won't have a clue as to whether Thornton will return for his sophomore season. I think the operating assumption is that Thornton is a two-year guy and that Jackson is okay with that.

Jackson said in an interview that he is willing to share a back court with another ball handler

If Jackson signs, then I am going to be forced to hope for Grayson to totally blow up next year, be ACC player of the year, FF MOP and bring Duke another title. I would really hate to see Grayson go after next year, but what are you gonna do. Of course this kind of thinking is based on Duke getting Tatum, which would take all but a few minutes at the 3 from Matt and or Luke.

Wasnt Seventh Woods much more physically mature earlier than his peers? I believe it's more of a case of others simply catching up to him than him falling off.

Wasnt Seventh Woods much more physically mature earlier than his peers? I believe it's more of a case of others simply catching up to him than him falling off.
He looks to have lost just a touch of bounce judging from a recent vid. The guy is a solid scorer for sure, I just wonder about his overall floor game.

With HOF Coach Roy Williams getting that contract extension will make him the best recruiter in the nation and once again we will have to take the players he doesn't want. I just don't know how we can compete. ;) OFC

Reactions: dbav
The more I'm reading about Jackson the more I want him at Duke. Has anyone heard any updates on him at all. Another question should Dennis Smith commit to Duke would Jackson go elsewhere or could we possibly get both. I know Smith is a big gem but Jackson just seems like he belongs at Duke. If we could have only one right now my pick is Jackson. How does everyone else feel. And what if we still have Ingram on board. Will this play into either Jackson or Smiths decision. We won't know if Ingram is a one and done until at least April. If having Ingram possibly staying for more than a year makes a difference in either Jackson's or Smith's decision I'm glad we got that bird in the hand right now with those two birds in the bush. Could get complicated. I still believe if UNC gets by with a slap on the hand Smith will go there. He will be the man . OFC

Just basing my opinion off videos and game film I take Smith all day. No knock on jackson but Smith is nasty. Reminds me of a shorter john wall. Kid is a freak athlete.

What's with this DT Jackson backcourt talk? It'll be a DT Allen backcourt if jackson comes.

Allen could go after this upcoming year, and even if he stays, DT and Jackson will see spells together. So that's what's with the talk.

And most would take smith, that's pretty obvious. He's not coming to Duke though.

I have seen many times when we were confident that a recruit would choose Duke and ended up elsewhere. I haven't seen many cases where we were confident in one not choosing Duke and they did. Call it saving face, call it not setting ourselves up for disappointment. But it is time we let the idea of Dennis Smith wearing a Duke uniform go.

That said, assuming we have Thornton in 2016 /17, landing Jackson would make not getting Smith an afterthought. And from what I see, we should feel pretty good about that happening.

I truly think Josh Jackson ends up overseas if the CBA holds and he is forced out of the league for a year.
That would be a shame. I just watched his video for the first time. He is better than Giles or Tatum IMO. You never know how guys like this will develop, but I have a feeling he will end up as a top 3 player in the world eventually.

That would be a shame. I just watched his video for the first time. He is better than Giles or Tatum IMO. You never know how guys like this will develop, but I have a feeling he will end up as a top 3 player in the world eventually.

The kid is wildly talented. He is the definition of effortless. For now his college list is based on prudence. The CBA can be amended after this season (affecting the '16-17' year, and you can bet your bottom dollar the college rule will come up). It could very well affect who we look at in the 2017 high school class. But I just think Josh Jackson deserves to be paid for basketball and I think he has people that have been and will push him that way.

I wouldn't be surprised now to see 1 - 2 kids do it per year.

. Another question should Dennis Smith commit to Duke would Jackson go elsewhere or could we possibly get both. OFC

Jackson is likely to commit sometime in the next two months, while Smith seems likely to bide his time until next Spring. So, the scenario you posit is unlikely in that sequence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT