ADVERTISEMENT

Former UNC Coach Bill Guthridge has Died

When you talk about loyalty in college athletics Coach Guthridge's name has to be near the top of the list. RIP to a great one....and thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Prayers and condolences for his family, friends, and fans in their time of grief.

Gut was secure enough and loyal enough to spend most of his career in Dean Smith's shadow. There is something poetic about his death occurring so shortly after his mentor's, and in the lesser spotlight of the off-season. That doesn't make him any less valuable or loved a person in the eyes of God, but that Coach Gut would probably be just fine with that does say something pretty great about his unusual ascension from ego.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP. Where all did he have the chance to go be the head coach? Just out of curiosity

Good man who just went about his job. Dedicated, can't ask for much more than that. May he rest in peace. OFC

Thanks for posting this dirt. Got to be hard on UNC nation losing both Coach Smith and Coach Guthridge so close together. They spent many years side by side at UNC. Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
RIP

Thoughts and prayers to Guthridge's family and friends.

Thanks for posting this dirt. Got to be hard on UNC nation losing both Coach Smith and Coach Guthridge so close together. They spent many years side by side at UNC. Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. OFC

Yeah, it's a chapter that has been closed, Sky. And having lived through those years, we're a part of it too (just observed it from the other side of the aisle). I'm sad for the closing.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
No doubt that Smith and Guthridge were great partners. And I've seen several references to their Batman & Robin relationship. They were a Dynamic Duo, and now they're back together again.

Dean%20and%20Gut%20Dynamic%20Duo%20Together%20Again.jpg

OFC

Reactions: skysdad and Dattier
No doubt that Smith and Guthridge were great partners. And I've seen several references to their Batman & Robin relationship. They were a Dynamic Duo, and now they're back together again.

Dean%20and%20Gut%20Dynamic%20Duo%20Together%20Again.jpg

OFC
Nicely done dirt. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT