ADVERTISEMENT

Final Fours & Titles

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
I saw a thread on the main college basketball message board where someone asked "how many FF & Titles will your coach end up with?" so I thought I would start a thread about it on here. How many Final Fours & Titles do ya'll think Coach K will end up with by the time he retires? Just going by the known and the potential classes that we should/could have over the next several seasons, I'm going to guess/predict that Coach K will end up with at least 15-16 Final Fours and at least 7 Titles.

Reactions: skysdad
2 more final fours and 2 more titles. He won't lose again if he makes it to a final four

I saw a thread on the main college basketball message board where someone asked "how many FF & Titles will your coach end up with?" so I thought I would start a thread about it on here. How many Final Fours & Titles do ya'll think Coach K will end up with by the time he retires? Just going by the known and the potential classes that we should/could have over the next several seasons, I'm going to guess/predict that Coach K will end up with at least 15-16 Final Fours and at least 7 Titles.
wow thats ambitious.

At Duke, Coach K averages a title roughly every 7 years and a final four every 3 years. Based on that, I think there is a good chance he wins another title and gets to 1-2 more final fours. If I had to bet my life on it, I would say he doesn't win another title because of how hard and unpredictable the tournament can be. But with the recruiting roll that he is on and the way he is able to adapt his coaching philosophy to his players, I think the future is brighter than ever to add some more hardware to the trophy case.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
I would guess 0 titles and 1-2 final fours. If Giles commits, we'll definitely have a really good shot in 16-17 -- but winning a championship is such a crapshoot.

At Duke, Coach K averages a title roughly every 7 years and a final four every 3 years. Based on that, I think there is a good chance he wins another title and gets to 1-2 more final fours. If I had to bet my life on it, I would say he doesn't win another title because of how hard and unpredictable the tournament can be. But with the recruiting roll that he is on and the way he is able to adapt his coaching philosophy to his players, I think the future is brighter than ever to add some more hardware to the trophy case.

If you go by his entire time at Duke then you're right, he's averaging a title every 7 years but if you go by when he won his title until the most recent title then he's averaging a title about every 5 years.

It's hard to predict winning a title, because as aah said, it's a crapshoot and takes a little bit of luck along the way too. That said, for some reason I feel he gets #6 at some point, and I'll say two more Final Fours to finish at 14.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT