ADVERTISEMENT

Felton's recruitment is now back open

LetsGoDukies

All Conference
Jul 10, 2013
More bad news for the Cheats....

Five-star guard junior-to-be guard Jalek Felton announced his verbal pledge to North Carolina on December 30th.

But since then, the 6-foot-3 gifted combination has admitted that he’s still considering other college options. On Friday at the Under Armour Finals, Felton told Scout that he’s been communicating with other schools.

“It’s still open,” he added. “I just verbally committed, but it’s still open.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1564369-felton-talking-to-other-schools

sounds to me like he wants to keep it kosher with UNC but if something better comes along he's going to jump.

Love it

This could be devastating to UNC...and not just for losing Felton (as bad as that is), but the perception that the Carolina spin control that the men's basketball team will receive 'no sanctions' is just BS...as most of us have suspected. The ripple effect of losing a player who's uncle played for UNC...suicide watch is now the order of the day for Heel fans.

OFC

What is the earliest that the NCAA would make a decision on the Tarholes? What is the realistic time period? If the NCAA doesn't come down hard on them, they should never, ever sanction any other school for anything. I don't see how they cannot come down hard since the accreditation committee is also considering sanctions. I realize they are two different entities.

According to Manalishi's last post, 6 months would be the earliest. He pretty much said that sanctions will be handed down within 6-9 months. Most of the posters on PP seem to think that the penalties are going to be huge.

What is the earliest that the NCAA would make a decision on the Tarholes? What is the realistic time period? If the NCAA doesn't come down hard on them, they should never, ever sanction any other school for anything. I don't see how they cannot come down hard since the accreditation committee is also considering sanctions. I realize they are two different entities.

DevilDJ is the best one to answer this one, Hpnole, but I'll try it. August 20th is the deadline for UNC answering the NOA (Notice of Allegations). They'll probably use every day of it. After that it'll probably be 8 or 9 months before the NCAA acts. So, I would say early part of next year...after the basketball season is over.

OFC

Last edited:
I still think Felton winds up at UNC, but him basically shunning the Heels and saying he's "verbally" committed to them, but on the other hand he's "open" to other schools kind of makes me crack up. Is that bad? Hahaha....
Cupboard will be pretty bare by 2017. Ironically enough, South Carolina might have more to offer at that point in terms of talent.

Reactions: DukeDenver
DevilDJ is the best one to answer this one, Hpnole, but I'll try it. August 20th is the deadline for UNC answering the NOA (Notice of Allegations). They'll probably use every day of it. After that it'll probably be 8 or 9 months before the NCAA acts. So, I would say early part of next year...after the basketball season is over.

OFC
thanks, just wish it was over before the basketball season was over. Seeing them win a NC would be worse than bad. Doubt they will , but , I think they will be strong next year.

Man if they can't even land Ray Felton's nephew...

Man if they can't even land Ray Felton's nephew...

Even if he stays with his verbal , this looks like azz for unx. There's no spinning this. What does it say about the current state of tarhole basketball when they can't even get a legacy to commit 100%? "May you live in interesting times..."

A man, Butterball? He's 16. When the kid committed, he didn't realize the school and bball team were going to go under the microscope for a massive fraud. He changed his mind about signing up to be associated with scammers, despite family pressure. Sounds like an adult decision to me.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I respected Kendall Marshall when he was at UNC and told many of my friends that were UNC fans that he should've been starting over Ronald Curry because Ronald Curry was an absolutely horrible basketball player but since Kendall Marshall has been in the NBA he's been a complete idiot and an a****** that has been constantly making idiotic comments on Twitter.

A man, Butterball? He's 16. When the kid committed, he didn't realize the school and bball team were going to go under the microscope for a massive fraud. He changed his mind about signing up to be associated with scammers, despite family pressure. Sounds like an adult decision to me.

I agree, Denver.

And Butterball talks about a man's word not being shite anymore? What about Roy's word? Is Roy held to the same standard? How 'bout Folt, and all the rest of the liars? What a crock.

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
I respected Kendall Marshall when he was at UNC and told many of my friends that were UNC fans that he should've been starting over Ronald Curry because Ronald Curry was an absolutely horrible basketball player but since Kendall Marshall has been in the NBA he's been a complete idiot and an a****** that has been constantly making idiotic comments on Twitter.

Wat.

Ronald Curry was in the NFL, and retired, before Marshall stepped foot in Chapel Hill. Maybe Larry Drew?

Reactions: mbdfan and skysdad
Wat.

Ronald Curry was in the NFL, and retired, before Marshall stepped foot in Chapel Hill. Maybe Larry Drew?

My mistake, I had just gotten home from a night out drinking and was trying to think of who was there when Marshall came in. That proves I shouldn't get online when I get home from a night of drinking. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT