ADVERTISEMENT

Duke First Round Pregame Press Conference - 2023 NCAA Tournament

Things I'm hoping for tomorrow.
1. We don't lose. We've had a great year, but if we lose tomm, that is what most will remember.
2. We stay healthy.
3. Seems like people are either picking us to lose tomorrow or win it all. I'd like to see us make a statement tomorrow and destroy them, but a win is a win.

Win or lose, I saw this team cut down the nets in Greensboro live, and for me, that's what I will never forget. That and we swept the cheats in a year where they had been coronated the champs before playing a game, and they missed the tourney, becoming the first preseason number one to miss the NCAA's and then turn down the NIT.

Roy must have told Hubert to turn them down. Roy would've played in it, but that's neither here nor there. Some called this Duke team a potential NIT team over a month ago and were teetering on the brink of the bubble. Sweeping the holes, finishing with a double bye, winning the ACC, and making the tourney with all the injuries and adversity we've faced is a helluva year.

That said, I think a run in the big dance would be remarkable, and I am hoping for the best. But I knew we were in for a tough road when I saw the bracket on Sunday. Oral Roberts presents many match-up issues for us, as we do for them. But they have much experience on that roster and are the trendy pick to beat us. Many are saying the winner of this game is in the sweet sixteen, which is pretty dismissive of Tenn. Let's just take it one at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT