ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Basketball 2015: The Season

I miss watching basketball, especially this team. They were definitely special

Reactions: skysdad
I also liked the 'mixtape' DBB put up of our 5 recruits. It's a great class of versatile players. If we are lucky with injuries again and everyone buys in, we are going to give #6 a run.

Great video. There were a lot of great memories made last year. I relearned how you should never give up by watching that team. Both games vs uNC (the one in Durham in particular), at UVA and especially in the championship game. During the championship game when Duke was down by 9, I had made up my mind that they ran out of gas and it was about to get ugly. But Grayson and Tyus made a fool of me.

The home game vs uNC was unbelievable. I love it when Duke blows them out, but there is something special about watching victory be taken from the grips of the tar holes. That was an amazing game.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
Great post, I just watched this awhile ago. Just can't get enough of this team, really hard to let go!! What a season!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
That St. John's game got me fired up seeing MP3 and Jah playing together. The team was struggling, and STJ wanted to make it a fist-fight. K adjusted throwing the 2 big-boys together and STJ caught a back-alley whooping the last 8 minutes and change!

To echo the sentiment of others on here, I'm really going to miss this team. I don't think I've ever had as much fun watching Duke basketball as I did this past season. I especially loved how all the players continually refer to themselves as brothers. Hopefully we can build on that heading into this year with a new batch of players.

One of the things I loved about this team was how they treated one another. I can't recall a game where another player got mad at another player or started pouting. Every mistake a player made, a teammate was right there to pick them back up.

Yes they struggled at times this year, but they never quit, and look at what happened. This team really is my favorite Duke team of all time.

That St. John's game got me fired up seeing MP3 and Jah playing together. The team was struggling, and STJ wanted to make it a fist-fight. K adjusted throwing the 2 big-boys together and STJ caught a back-alley whooping the last 8 minutes and change!

In hindsight, I think that St. John's game was one of the most significant moments for this team. That game really showed all the things that ultimately made this team champions, and did so on a big stage in a big game. It was maybe the first moment that started their ascent to banner-worthy.

In hindsight, I think that St. John's game was one of the most significant moments for this team. That game really showed all the things that ultimately made this team champions, and did so on a big stage in a big game. It was maybe the first moment that started their ascent to banner-worthy.
Not sure i totally agree. We went on to lose our next game at ND, the day after Sheed was dismissed. I think the game that set the table was the next one at UVA to be honest.

Not sure i totally agree. We went on to lose our next game at ND, the day after Sheed was dismissed. I think the game that set the table was the next one at UVA to be honest.

I think a lot of the things that showed up at UVA were illustrated in that St. John's game: resilience, daring comeback, big-time shot making, unity, etc. The ND loss that followed wasn't the kind of loss that seems to negate the previous performance, for lack of a better word. After that ND game, in the presser, Coach K said “I thought it was a heck of a basketball game. I thought our guys played winning basketball, and obviously (ND) did too." I think the St. John's game started to estblish something, and the UVA win solidified it.

Sheed was dismissed AFTER that ND game. I agree that the UVa game represented a thereforeto unprecedented sign for the team. The Louisville game had been one before that, and the Wisconsin game before that.

I don't know if it's a sign I've adjusted to the OAD era as a fan or if this team was just THAT special, but contrasting the 2010 and 2015 title teams... 2010 had 3 seniors who had suffered, a junior who had struggled to find a role, and a freshman dealing w/ the death of his sister... that's almost like Hollywood wrote it... and yet a team of 3 OAD freshmen and the first dismissal in K's history somehow equaled the 2010 team in my heart.

thats what i said- our next game was ND, the day after that Sheed was dismissed.

thats what i said- our next game was ND, the day after that Sheed was dismissed.
Yeah I got that too but I can see where dattier misinterpreted it as well.

What I liked about this years Duke team, among many things, was that they continually got better. The biggest criticism of this team was that they couldn't defend, well they certainly corrected that. Every game they improved defensively in March. (they were progressing before that) The way they played for each other was something as well!

Yeah I got that too but I can see where dattier misinterpreted it as well.

What I liked about this years Duke team, among many things, was that they continually got better. The biggest criticism of this team was that they couldn't defend, well they certainly corrected that. Every game they improved defensively in March. (they were progressing before that) The way they played for each other was something as well!

They just really knew how to clamp down when it came down to it during the Tourney. I really think the ND game in the ACC semi's was the final kick in the ass wake up call they needed. The sense of urgency was full on for the rest of the way. The just knew how to win- poetry.

Ah, gotcha, timo.

I've rewatched the title game many times. It is already all-time Duke folklore how we started our huge comeback vs Wiscy w/ Jahlil and Justise both on the bench. A few days ago, though, I rewatched our game @ UNC. Our comeback in that game ALSO happened w/ Jah and Justise on the bench. There've been an awful lot of years in the last 10 where a star went to the bench and you were just hoping we'd hang on until he'd caught his breath. It's a testament to this team that such overlooked role players as Marshall, Amile, and Matt were so instrumental in catalyzing the team to some of the most important victories of the year. I'd include Grayson in that, but as surprising as it was, it was pretty much impossible to overlook his title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT