ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis Smith Jr,Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
Package deal to Duke like that could end up pretty sweet don't ya think? Sorry Denn mixed some names up.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/17 3:56 PM by Showenuff

Reactions: Rocketman101
Re: Dennis Smith Jr,Harry Giles and Derryck Thornton

Jayson Tatum called, he was wondering where his name was in this topic....

Haha, sounds good to me.
This post was edited on 4/18 12:51 AM by dbav

Originally posted by dbav:
Haha, sounds good to me. Would Thornton reclassifying impact this?
This post was edited on 4/17 3:41 PM by dbav
Perhaps. Depends on who would be leaving after next season. Smith and Thornton could play side by side, but where does that leave Grayson and Luke? I'd love to see those 4 guys split 120 minutes in a 3 guard look. Probably would be a crowded lineup. Exciting times at Duke.

Not to mention Matt Jones will be a Senior in 2017 and he'll get a fair share of minutes too.

I hope Battle's visit went well. Would love to have him too.

A point guard, center, wing package with a shooting guard thrown in? Sounds sort of familiar. Let's hope.
smile.r191677.gif

None of Duke's primary 2016 targets are centers and none are remotely analogous to Okafor. Duke is recruiting Giles as a 4, which is where Giles very much wants to spend his one-year-NBA audition. Between Jeter, Obi and Vrankovic, Duke has the center spot locked up for 2017.

Mr Sumner, you know what I don't like about you? You don't post here enough sir !

I hope Battle's visit went well. Would love to have him too.

A point guard, center, wing package with a shooting guard thrown in? Sounds sort of familiar. Let's hope.
smile.r191677.gif

Forgive me if this has been posted before but I was really impressed with the picture in this article:

http://zagsblog.com/duke/tyus-battle-visits-national-champion-duke-louisville-up-next/

Most sites have him listed at 6'5 or 6'6 but based on the picture posted with the article (click on it to enlarge) I'd say he's every bit of 6'7, probably close to 6'8. Wouldn't mind seeing him with Duke across his chest to start the '16 season.

2016 duke will have a nice class. I hear jason tatum is a lock. Don't think giles leaves the state, save some McDonald's all americans please.

Forgive me if this has been posted before but I was really impressed with the picture in this article:

http://zagsblog.com/duke/tyus-battle-visits-national-champion-duke-louisville-up-next/

Most sites have him listed at 6'5 or 6'6 but based on the picture posted with the article (click on it to enlarge) I'd say he's every bit of 6'7, probably close to 6'8. Wouldn't mind seeing him with Duke across his chest to start the '16 season.

That was a great article and an interesting picture. Also looks like Matt Jones is much bigger than listed. He looks 6'6. Grayson only looks about 6'3 (which makes his around the rim abilities all the more impressive).

Would love to land Battle for several reasons - great fit. Adds a lot to the team. And, keeps that New Jersey pipeline open. We've had a long tradition of players from there and hope it continues!

Tatum sounds like he'll be ready to make a decision sooner rather than later. It would be great to lock up one of these guys before heading into the fall. Even though I was 99% sure Tyus was going to be at Duke at this time his junior season, we still had to wait and "sweat" it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT