ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K Stat-Tracker

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
He's already one of the best coaches in all of sports, but this year Coach K chases Dean Smith and Bobby Knight to become the all-time winningest coach in NCAA men's basketball. Only 12 wins to pass Dean, and 35 to pass his mentor, Bobby Knight. Passing Smith this season is a foregone conclusion....but can he catch Knight this year?

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Coach K - 868

It starts tonight!

no problem passing dean but to pass knight will be difficult. we would have to win it all probably and hopefully we do. its to early to tell. a lot of things have to go our way.

I think K will be right at Knight's mark at the end of the season. Duke will need to make a Final Four run for it to happen.

He's coming Dean!!!
cool.gif

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Coach K - 869

Also, this may not be as huge a milestone as passing Dean & Bobby, but Coach K is only 4 wins away from getting his 800th win at Duke.

Mad respect for Dean but I can't wait to see the Asylum's reaction when it happens.
3dgrin.gif

Reactions: hart2chesson
You left out one of the milestones Coach K will pass this year (Rupp at 876). Coach K is currently #4. I'm surprised that you haven't heard from UK fans yet.

^I know. I thought of that the other night and remembered I had totally forgot about him. He's on the updated list.

Seven to go to pass Rupp....10 to pass Dean.

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Adolph Rupp - 876
4. Coach K - 870

Five more wins to tie Rupp.

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Adolph Rupp - 876
4. Coach K - 871

during the game last night they posted that boeheim had 830ish wins. I knew he had a lot, but didn't realize he was that close to Coach K. Boeheim also seems to show no signs of stopping. that could become a fun race to see who ends with the most wins.

Originally posted by jibip:
during the game last night they posted that boeheim had 830ish wins. I knew he had a lot, but didn't realize he was that close to Coach K. Boeheim also seems to show no signs of stopping. that could become a fun race to see who ends with the most wins.

Less than 2 seasons apart should Jimmy stay longer.

I had been hoping all these years that Coach K would pass Dean Smith at UNC crushing the Tar Heels. I say UNC because it would hurt the Tar Heel nation to have that done there. But we would have to go on a big losing streak for that to happen. Can't have that. Of course the way UNC keeps up with K's wins they aren't counting the wins when he was out.

Only three wins behind Rupp! On top of that, 800 career victories at Duke. Simply the best....and he's ours!

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Adolph Rupp - 876
4. Coach K - 873

It won't be long before Dean and Rupp are waved bye, bye!

Can't wait to hear the excuses the tarhole fans come up with when Coach K passes Dean.

One more win to tie Rupp.

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Adolph Rupp - 876
4. Coach K - 875

Excuse me, pardon me, coming through... Why Hello Mr. Rupp!

Congrats to #876 Coach!

Sorry Mr. Rupp just passing through...Dean you're next my man. Congrats to K!

Congrats K! This is a big one, K ties a legend...for now
happy.gif

Interesting to me how close this grouping at the top actually is. My sense and hope is that the next fellow to come along will need several seasons to cross the gap from 2 to surpass Mike.

3rd All time! See ya Rupp. Hey Dean, don't look now....

Coach K wins game #877 and passes Adolph Rupp to move into 3rd on the all-time list. Congrats, K!!!

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Coach K - 877
4. Adolph Rupp - 876

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT