ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Hornets.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I was listening to a sports talk radio show this afternoon on the way home.The host were discussing the failure of he Hornets and one of them said they need to make a trade to bring in Harrison Barnes. That opened up for the call ins and one said Danny Green was needed followed by another saying that Ty Lawson was needed. I think I have the answer. Mass trades this summer that will get them not only Lawson, Barnes and Green but go out and deal for Hansbrough, get rid of Cody Zeller in a trade for Ty Zeller, add Brandon Wright, bring back Brendon Haywood, get Jon Henson and Easy Ed along with Reggie Bullock. Trade Gerald Henderson for Wayne Ellington thus keeping the locker room brawls between Gerald and Hansbrough. Bring in Kendall Marshall to back up Lawson. And last but not least add James Michael McAdoo. I think that adds up to 15 with PJ and Marvin Williams already on board. I know I left out Vince Carter simply because his days are numbered but as an assistant coach he would be such a great asset. There's still Felton that could be a possibility and if for some reason some of these trades don't work out be sure to draft Tokoto # 1 no matter where they fall in the draft. Sign all these players to long term contracts and just keep drafting Tar Heels. With all this going on a new head coach is surely needed and HOF Coach Roy Williams would never turn this one down after coaching all in college. With MJ as the owner what a franchise this would be. But the most important thing is it would put TAR HEEL FANNIES in the seats in Charlotte. It wouldn't matter if they were the worst team ever in the NBA those Tar Heel fans would buy up all the season tickets and the Hornets could charge any price they wanted to for those seats. No wink,smiley face or big grins on this thread. I'm dead serious. OFC

If the Hornets could get all of those former Holes on the team we could just call them the Carolina Haz Beens, or the Carolina Former Cheaters. Now if they could get old Roy to be the coach they could be named the Carolina Timeouts or Roys Nanner Puddin Boys.

loooooooooool, sounds like a plan. Truth is, if we'd actually get the number 1 pick like we SHOULD have instead of this garbage lottery system, we would have got Anthony Davis and have a chance at being big time. Ugh. I HATE that about the NBA.

Reactions: Realfreedom
I wonder how that team would fair against Kyrie, JJ, Deng, Mason and Jah? with a bench of Hendo, Jabari, Hood, Boozer, Justise, Miles, Rivers, Tyus, McBob, Dunleavy and Kelly.

I wonder how that team would fair against Kyrie, JJ, Deng, Mason and Jah? with a bench of Hendo, Jabari, Hood, Boozer, Justise, Miles, Rivers, Tyus, McBob, Dunleavy and Kelly.
haha get absolutely destroyed.

Reactions: skysdad
Hornets biggest mistake was not resigning McBob, Clifford loved him b/c he was a true PF & played his role perfectly. Henderson is awful, Green would be a major upgrade but don't see him leaving a great organization like San Antonio. Wouldn't surprise me if CLT took Tyus late in 1st round.

Reactions: Realfreedom
I think Hornets tried to resign McBob but Miami offered more $. Biggest issue with the Hornets is big Al's health and that they have wasted so many draft pics on mediocre players (or were 1 spot from having a superstar player). They pick #2 and get MKG instead of Anthony Davis. Thats a massive dropoff in talent.

I think Hornets tried to resign McBob but Miami offered more $. Biggest issue with the Hornets is big Al's health and that they have wasted so many draft pics on mediocre players (or were 1 spot from having a superstar player). They pick #2 and get MKG instead of Anthony Davis. Thats a massive dropoff in talent.

Sorry, but biggest issue with the Hornets is MJ!

Reactions: Dad2ze
I was listening to a sports talk radio show this afternoon on the way home.The host were discussing the failure of he Hornets and one of them said they need to make a trade to bring in Harrison Barnes. That opened up for the call ins and one said Danny Green was needed followed by another saying that Ty Lawson was needed. I think I have the answer. Mass trades this summer that will get them not only Lawson, Barnes and Green but go out and deal for Hansbrough, get rid of Cody Zeller in a trade for Ty Zeller, add Brandon Wright, bring back Brendon Haywood, get Jon Henson and Easy Ed along with Reggie Bullock. Trade Gerald Henderson for Wayne Ellington thus keeping the locker room brawls between Gerald and Hansbrough. Bring in Kendall Marshall to back up Lawson. And last but not least add James Michael McAdoo. I think that adds up to 15 with PJ and Marvin Williams already on board. I know I left out Vince Carter simply because his days are numbered but as an assistant coach he would be such a great asset. There's still Felton that could be a possibility and if for some reason some of these trades don't work out be sure to draft Tokoto # 1 no matter where they fall in the draft. Sign all these players to long term contracts and just keep drafting Tar Heels. With all this going on a new head coach is surely needed and HOF Coach Roy Williams would never turn this one down after coaching all in college. With MJ as the owner what a franchise this would be. But the most important thing is it would put TAR HEEL FANNIES in the seats in Charlotte. It wouldn't matter if they were the worst team ever in the NBA those Tar Heel fans would buy up all the season tickets and the Hornets could charge any price they wanted to for those seats. No wink,smiley face or big grins on this thread. I'm dead serious. OFC

Kidding aside, take the best of that list, add a seriously good center and the right coach and you'd have a very competitive team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT