ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Cook

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
I read earlier that Quinn has signed a Summer League with the Cavs. The article mentioned that he will fill a need of depth at the point guard position. Makes me wonder why they selected then traded Tyus to Minnesota if they need to fill a need of depth at the point guard position. Could be that they feel Quinn would be better for them because of having more experience.

That could be it but who knows. This draft was kind of weird because there were players didn't get selected where most thought that they would.

I hope Quinn sticks. He's got heart a can hit the three. I think he would fit well as a back up with Cleveland

Reactions: dbav
Technically the Cavs drafted Tyus for the Wolves. They never had any intention of keeping the pick. As someone mentioned above, they don't want the guaranteed money. They have some guys they need to pay already.

Quinn is also playing for OKC in the summer league.

I thought he had signed a deal to play for OKC in the Summer League team too DJ but then today I saw and read an article that says he signed a deal to play for Cleveland in the Summer League. As far as Cleveland drafting Tyus for Minnesota but I just found it a little strange that in the article it said that the Cavs need to fill a need for depth at the point guard position when talking about Quinn being signed to play for them in the Summer League but they selected then traded a point guard. I get that they wouldn't want to have to pay a lot of first round money but if they feel like they have to fill a need for depth at the point guard position then you'd think they'd work out something to bring in a point guard in the draft instead of selecting and trading away a point guard.

Last edited:
Cleveland has to sign Lebron, Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love, Matthew Dellevadova, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert. That's their first priority. They didn't want to take on the guaranteed money that a first-round pick requires.

And like I said, the Cavs were trading that pick regardless. If they hadn't made the deal with the Wolves they would have worked something out with another team and made a selection for them.

And Quinn, from my understanding, is playing summer league ball with both OKC and Cleveland. There are multiple leagues played at different times. Many guys play in both.

Cleveland has to sign Lebron, Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love, Matthew Dellevadova, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert. That's their first priority. They didn't want to take on the guaranteed money that a first-round pick requires.

And like I said, the Cavs were trading that pick regardless. If they hadn't made the deal with the Wolves they would have worked something out with another team and made a selection for them.

And Quinn, from my understanding, is playing summer league ball with both OKC and Cleveland. There are multiple leagues played at different times. Many guys play in both.
They certainly don't HAVE TO sign Matthew Dellevadova. GUY IS SUCH A BUM.....but that aside, i'm sure he'll get over paid by Cleveland.

I agree. I was just listing their FAs on the current roster, and not even taking into consideration moves they may like to make through free agency.

And Dellevadova will get overpaid based on his NBA finals acumen, but I don't think he's a bum. There's a spot for guys in the league like him. It's not at $4-$5 million per season though.

I don't really follow the NBA and/or the NBA Summer league that closely so I didn't know there were multiple NBA Summer Leagues so now knowing that it makes sense that he's playing for multiple teams Summer League teams. Hopefully he gets picked up by one of those teams for the NBA regular season.

I don't really follow the NBA and/or the NBA Summer league that closely so I didn't know there were multiple NBA Summer Leagues so now knowing that it makes sense that he's playing for multiple teams Summer League teams. Hopefully he gets picked up by one of those teams for the NBA regular season.

Yeah there's the one in Orlando, then the one in Vegas.

Since it appears he's been signed by 2 different teams Summer League teams at least it will increase his chances if getting picked up by a team for the NBA's regular season

Since it appears he's been signed by 2 different teams Summer League teams at least it will increase his chances if getting picked up by a team for the NBA's regular season
not really. most of these guys will play for both leagues, it helps get them more exposure. Seth has done that the last couple of years.

Quinn hit a long three today at the end of the first quarter against the Hornets summer league team. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT