Dec 1, 2014
Just saw a Tweet from Brett McMurphy of ESPN on the 2015 Challenge matchups:

Indiana @ Duke
Maryland @ North Carolina
Louisville @ Michigan State
Virginia @ Ohio State
Notre Dame @ Illinois
Wisconsin @ Syracuse

Don't know if these are set in stone or not, but I guess I missed my pick on Duke/MSU. I wouldn't mind playing Indiana for a change, I hear they are supposed to be pretty good next year.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Mods, my sincere apologies for this duplication, I didn't see where the first one was posted. Must have had another Senior moment. Please lock or delete.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Some good match-ups there. I was worried Duke would be sent to the cesspool in College Park. Indiana is going to be good next year, that will be a very good game.

I like it. I feels like they tried to mix up the marquee match-ups a bit to avoid obvious rematches and common match ups (e.g., Duke/UNC v. Michigan State / Wisconsin/Ohio State)

As much as I don't like Maryland, I wanted to draw them this year. I enjoy watching Duke take on the best, and I think Maryland will be a better team than Indiana next year. I like being able to benchmark our teams against the very top. I'm not sold on Indiana next year yet. I think they'll be quality, but not great.

I was thinking we'd get a Wisky rematch like how Lville/MSU got their draw. The teams would be drastically madeover from the title game, but those are always fun to watch too.

As much as I don't like Maryland, I wanted to draw them this year. I enjoy watching Duke take on the best, and I think Maryland will be a better team than Indiana next year. I like being able to benchmark our teams against the very top. I'm not sold on Indiana next year yet. I think they'll be quality, but not great.

I was thinking we'd get a Wisky rematch like how Lville/MSU got their draw. The teams would be drastically madeover from the title game, but those are always fun to watch too.
We're most likely going to play Wisconsin in the Garden next year to open the season (pre-season tourney). Indiania is a good matchup. I think it's solid to play them next year at Duke.

We're most likely going to play Wisconsin in the Garden next year to open the season (pre-season tourney). Indiania is a good matchup. I think it's solid to play them next year at Duke.

i highly doubt wisconsin will make it into the finals of the tourney to play us esp with VCU and Georgetown in the tourney (i would assume we won't play them in the first round)
they only have hayes and koenig left with no new talent...I see them making the NIT if they are lucky esp with their conference improving

Does anyone know since the challenge began, how many times the cheaters have play at home vs on the road? I swear it seems like they get a home game every year.

OFC

Looks like UNC got the old shaft again. Every year it happens to them. They should be playing Rutgers at home with no Rutgers fans allowed at the game. OFC

Last edited:
Mods, my sincere apologies for this duplication, I didn't see where the first one was posted. Must have had another Senior moment. Please lock or delete.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Don't sweat it, JCC...those moments will become more commonplace.:D

And I think Indiana/Duke will be a good game.

OFC

Reactions: JCColsCane
i highly doubt wisconsin will make it into the finals of the tourney to play us esp with VCU and Georgetown in the tourney (i would assume we won't play them in the first round)
they only have hayes and koenig left with no new talent...I see them making the NIT if they are lucky esp with their conference improving

Georgetown will be pretty good, especially with the addition of 2 very good big men (Govan/Derrickson). VCU will be maybe the worst team in the A-10. If we draw G-Town, and Wiscy gets VCU, we'll be seeing Wiscy for sure.

In the Challenge, UNC is 3-4 at home, 3-4 on the road, and 2-0 at neutral sites (Greensboro & Ford Field - against Illinois and MSU, respectively).

In 2012 and 2013 we got to play Ohio State and Michigan at home, while conversely UNC played #1 Indiana and #1 Michigan State on the road in those same years. Every year there will be a team or two that gets consecutive home games or consecutive away games. They try to match up the top 2 ranked teams (and #2 ACC vs #2 Big 10 all the way to the bottom of the pack); Maryland & UNC both played at home last year - so someone has to get the lucky draw and receive two straight home games. It happens sometimes, but it's not an anomaly.

Don't sweat it, JCC...those moments will become more commonplace.:D

And I think Indiana/Duke will be a good game.

OFC

Thanks OAD, I did take a little nap at the keyboard! Woke up and wasn't sure where I was!! Anyway, on a serious note, I agree, Indiana is probably going to be picked 2nd in the Big Ten this year behind Maryland, and they do return everyone. Could be explosive offensively, and to me it is just nice to see a new opponent for a change.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I know Duke went to Indiana once during the Challenge, I believe during Redick's senior year. It was a madhouse and they had a guy named Killingsworth who scored 30+, but Duke took care of business behind yet another big game from J.J. Redick during a season that was full of them.

Does anyone know when the full schedule for the upcoming season is typically released?

I'm trying to schedule a trip from Minneapolis to Durham for a (my first at Cameron) game.

Duke will smoke Indiana at Cameron. We always play great ball at the beginning of the season and Indiana would have to be really good to keep it close.

I went to IU so I follow their team pretty closely and root for them unless theyre playing Duke. Crean does not coach well on the road and they just dismissed two key substitutes so they will rely heavily on the starters and although talented I do not believe they will have enough to beat Duke especially in Cameron.

All I know is that I was in attendance at Assembly Hall the day that UNC played IU and lets just say IU laid the smack down on the heels at one point leading by 30 points and eventually winning 83-59. Roy looked like a deer in the headlights.

Duke-UMd would have been a great matchup. Possibly the best game in the first half of the season, if not longer. Hard to believe they didn't make that happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT