ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Nichols transfering

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Really wanted him at Duke with Parker's class.
I imagine he will have several colleges recruiting him as a transfer.

Go get him...Marshall, Jefferson and probably Brandon gone next year...Quality production.

I like him hope he considers us and we consider him

Sounds like a headcase to me if any of that is true. If he doesn't want to play Basketball again because his girlfriend broke up with him then he sounds mentally weak.

Sounds like a headcase to me if any of that is true. If he doesn't want to play Basketball again because his girlfriend broke up with him then he sounds mentally weak.

I think you're simplifying things a bit too much. My take is, it could be that pressure from his parents, coaches and the NBA is just too much. He sounds like a nice guy, just a bit immature and overwhelmed. Sometimes sports aren't fun when you are in a bad place mentally. I hope he gets a fresh start somewhere and doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. I wouldn't assume he's weak, just not handling stress very well. I can understand that. If what that blog is saying is true, he sounds like a good guy for not wanting to mess up his ex's college career.

Read today on CBSSportsline that Duke is the favorite if Memphis continues to block his transfer to UVA, his first choice. He would have to sit out a year, but was a five star recruit and played well for the Tigers.
As an aside, remember the days when Memphis was actually good and Pastner was considered an up-and-coming genius? How the mighty have fallen.
OFC

Read today on CBSSportsline that Duke is the favorite if Memphis continues to block his transfer to UVA, his first choice. He would have to sit out a year, but was a five star recruit and played well for the Tigers.
As an aside, remember the days when Memphis was actually good and Pastner was considered an up-and-coming genius? How the mighty have fallen.
OFC
Bring him on home... So what he made a bad decision to go to Memphis...we all make mistakes. He can get some good counseling, good teamwork, good coaching, and soon Duke fans will get another good SHIP! COME ON DOWN!!!!;):p:D

Bring him on home... So what he made a bad decision to go to Memphis...we all make mistakes. He can get some good counseling, good teamwork, good coaching, and soon Duke fans will get another good SHIP! COME ON DOWN!!!!;):p:D

I'm sure we'd love to have him as a rotation player / insurance policy if Giles goes elsewhere -- but I have a hard time believing that Nichols would seriously consider Duke with the 2016 class we are assembling. As a RS Jr. (which is what he'd be), Nichols is looking to attend a school where he can make an immediate impact and showcase his talents for the NBA. That clearly won't be here if Giles commits.

I'm sure we'd love to have him as a rotation player / insurance policy if Giles goes elsewhere -- but I have a hard time believing that Nichols would seriously consider Duke with the 2016 class we are assembling. As a RS Jr. (which is what he'd be), Nichols is looking to attend a school where he can make an immediate impact and showcase his talents for the NBA. That clearly won't be here if Giles commits.
IF GILES COMMITS!!!!!

What I really worry about is that FATHER! No need to deal with a father who attempts to coach the team. As mention in a previous thread about parents, see Kris and Chris....

Reactions: skysdad
I don't think we need him. Rumors are that he's got some baggage from being dumped by his girl friend. Just rumors though. Unless our recruiting goes down the drain and several players transfer in the next year or so we will be in good shape. OFC

I don't think we need him. Rumors are that he's got some baggage from being dumped by his girl friend. Just rumors though. Unless our recruiting goes down the drain and several players transfer in the next year or so we will be in good shape. OFC
I agree on the baggage, but that happens to many players...some admit, some don't. His baggage got out! His skill, experience, and desire to go to the league can help a team like ours. I really wonder if Duke's team next year has a go to player? Some may not have like Quinn's character pre-senior year, but no one denied his skill set in college ball. We all know Austin can score and rebound. For 16 -17 he may be worth it.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT