ADVERTISEMENT

AMILE Jefferson !

I'd really love to see Amile come on strong like that this year. He needs to show K what he can do. I've been pulling for a break out season for him.

I expect him to be a solid rebounder and great defender, as well as an on-the-floor coach of sorts. If he's added a mid-range jumper to his finishing and instincts around the rim, he'll be really good.

A lot will be expected from Amile next year as far as leadership. There are others who will provide it, but I think he will be the primary voice. He will be even more effective as a leader if his play continues to improve. There is no reason at all to think it won't.

Reactions: sandiego nole
He's got the potential to be an elite defender and rebounder next year. He made some fantastic defensive plays in the title game and he's always been a good offensive rebounder. I also have confidence that he can be a great leader.

Amile just calms things down out there. His impact should even be greater this year for a variety of other reasons as well (some already stated above).....

he'll work on his jumper before the season starts as he will have more opportunities to shoot now...add that to his elite defensive ability and hes going to be a great leader next year

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
he'll work on his jumper before the season starts as he will have more opportunities to shoot now...add that to his elite defensive ability and hes going to be a great leader next year

He's been working on his jumper for 3 seasons and 21 years. It's not going to happen this year.

His specialty is going to be a key leader on bringing the team together. And, actually, the best thing for him to do is *not* try to not become an offensive force - except as great opportunities present themselves and take advantage of those - but, rather, play within his limitations: be a great defender; improve his strength and rebounding ... then, he'll be a key contributor.

It's very much like Z and Lance in 2010. When they realized what their limitations were and what their strengths were, they became hugely vital players on the team. Z, especially realized he did not have post skills after 3 1/2 seasons in the post and decided to just block shots and rebound and became a huge force.

I look for Amile to do something similar.

We do not win a National Championship without Amile Jefferson. His defense on Kaminsky was so huge. Also had a couple of big blocks. He played his best basketball at the end of the season when we needed him the most, much like a captain should!

He brings leadership, experience, elite defense and will be huge mentoring the young guys. Offensively, Amile reminds me a little of DeAndre Jordan's role for the Clippers. He doesn't create for himself very often but will make an impact whether it be a huge rebound and put-back or setting a screen to get one of our shooters open. He improved leaps and bounds from his sophomore season and I'm excited to see his improvements from this offseason.

He's been working on his jumper for 3 seasons and 21 years. It's not going to happen this year.

His specialty is going to be a key leader on bringing the team together. And, actually, the best thing for him to do is *not* try to not become an offensive force - except as great opportunities present themselves and take advantage of those - but, rather, play within his limitations: be a great defender; improve his strength and rebounding ... then, he'll be a key contributor.

It's very much like Z and Lance in 2010. When they realized what their limitations were and what their strengths were, they became hugely vital players on the team. Z, especially realized he did not have post skills after 3 1/2 seasons in the post and decided to just block shots and rebound and became a huge force.

I look for Amile to do something similar.

I agree and disagree a bit here youngman. On one hand, I totally agree that Amile should focus in becoming some offensive force. Like you said, that's never been his thing. Even that video Show posted, that all looks like baskets Amile gets right now. He's an opportunistic scorer.

This coming season DT is going to get him those looks, just like Tyus and Quinn before him.

Where I disagree is that I think he can improve his offensive to serviceable. No one down low will seemingly command double teams, so Amile will have to create on his own. In order to keep teams honest, Lance and even Zoubs added some tool on O to help the team.

Amile won't have to be come JJ Redick or become Elton Brand in the post, but if can learn a new offensive move, just one more go to, I think it makes Duke that much better.

I think it's Amile's time to shine. His defense is excellent, rebounds well, and plays within himself. Now all he needs is the confidence to take and make a few 12-15 foot jumpers. Shooting a few hundred a day this summer could certainly help in that endeavor, and if that results in more consistency...K will give him the opportunity.

OFC

Reactions: JCColsCane and dbav
Amile is already on par with our best big man as far as rebounding is concerned. Over the last two years Amile has averaged 8.6 rebounds per 30 minutes. Very similar to our elite bigs from the last 3 seasons:

Okafor: 8.5
Parker: 8.6
Mason Plumlee: 8.6

He played excellent defense on Kaminsky in the title game, and lets not forget his performance on Doug McDermott in the 2013 round of 32. AJ has the ability to play really, really good defense. With his defense, rebounding, interior scoring, and leadership I expect a lot of big things from him. If he gets enough minutes he could average a double-double next year.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Go to 1:15 and just watch. This is exactly why I love Amile. Doesn't back down from anyone.

Rasheed is such a bum. He's 40 years old and still acting like that. Get a life, buddy. That whole video is him acting like a child.

Rasheed is such a bum. He's 40 years old and still acting like that. Get a life, buddy. That whole video is him acting like a child.
Exactly my take, not sure why i wasted my time watching that whole thing.

Give him credit, unlike some other former Holes, he's stuck to what he's good at: pissing off everyone on the court.

MJ should've stuck to playing bball too, and avoided running a team, golf, baseball, men's underwear ads and gambling.
400x225

I'd love to see Amile star this season simply because of how he accepted his changing role last season. He took what he was given and made the most of it. He did that for the team because he knows it's more important than the self when a Championship is the goal.

He and Matt will be very important this year and I can't wait to see how well they do.

For our program to be successful every year we need a player like Amile Jefferson every year. OFC

Very mature 40 year old. He hasn't changed a bit. He's a Tar Heel. He can't help it. It's his nature. Bless his heart. OFC

I think Amile could definitely showcase a mid-range jumper this year. He started shooting in games which means he was hitting in practice and the staff have him the green light.

Transitioning success from practice to a game can take time but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen with Amile which gives him the ability to drive on slower defenders

Reactions: dukefan5151
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT