ADVERTISEMENT

#2*, #3, and #8

FearTheBeard

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
playing all of them in the first 6 games. None of them played at CIS. But, but, but, Duke never plays on the road...well, Duke plays to win championships and how many games are played at your opponents gym in the NCAAT? None. No team will have played as tough a schedule as Duke has after tomorrow. But, we’ll still hear the whining. I trust the guy with a fist full of rings. He knows what he’s doing when he schedules.

*Obviously, Kentucky was vastly overrated.

playing all of them in the first 6 games. None of them played at CIS. But, but, but, Duke never plays on the road...well, Duke plays to win championships and how many games are played at your opponents gym in the NCAAT? None. No team will have played as tough a schedule as Duke has after tomorrow. But, we’ll still hear the whining. I trust the guy with a fist full of rings. He knows what he’s doing when he schedules.

*Obviously, Kentucky was vastly overrated.

Think Kentucky will be a top 5-7 team. Duke vs Gonzaga will be interesting, because if the Zag team that played in the 2nd half vs Arizona shows up, its going to be a dogfight to beat them.

On a better note, if Tennessee can beat Kansas this week then win or lose versus Gonzaga then we don’t drop below #2.

That’s what I don’t understand about all the talk that I’ve heard about how tough UNC’s schedule is this year. By the time that UNC plays Michigan State (their first ranked opponent) on the 23rd we will have already played 3 top 10 opponents.

That’s what I don’t understand about all the talk that I’ve heard about how tough UNC’s schedule is this year. By the time that UNC plays Michigan State (their first ranked opponent) on the 23rd we will have already played 3 top 10 opponents.

With any luck, UT beats Kansas and then Michigan State smokes the Tarholes.

Elon, Wofford, and TN Tech are some tough opponents. They’re Golden State level talent.

Read an article the other day and it talked about Duke not scheduling road games much anymore largely due to the fact that the environments can be so poisonous. I thought that explanation made perfect sense. People can be ridiculous with their Duke hatred.

Reactions: LH24ND
Read an article the other day and it talked about Duke not scheduling road games much anymore largely due to the fact that the environments can be so poisonous. I thought that explanation made perfect sense. People can be ridiculous with their Duke hatred.
What sense does it make anyway? The NCAAT games are all at neutral sites. Might as well prepare for those.

Calm down....did I say something? I will give you props of Duke wins.
I will calmly put $200 on Duke over the Zags tonight.

73906308.jpg

Reactions: toophly1124
What sense does it make anyway? The NCAAT games are all at neutral sites. Might as well prepare for those.
I 100% agree.

But then you got annoying people like Seth Greenberg last night. They bring up the foul disparity in the game and he jokes “was the game in Cameron?”.

And then they show Duke’s upcoming schedule, and he’s like “no true road games on there”. And it’s like yeah buddy, there’s good reasons for that.

JWill is too nice with that dude. Greenberg is annoying as shit. I guess Jay is just trying to respect his elders.

QC, that shows how big Duke is. Gonzaga has been legit for close to 20 seasons, yet that's what a fan of their team says.
That’s pretty weak if you ask me. Why do these morons come to our board. Yesterday we had the auburn idiot, today it’s gonzaga, next week we’ll have some knucklehead from Indiana. Do they not have message boards?

That’s pretty weak if you ask me. Why do these morons come to our board. Yesterday we had the auburn idiot, today it’s gonzaga, next week we’ll have some knucklehead from Indiana. Do they not have message boards?
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Duke is THE PREMIER program.

Jealousy is a vicious animal QC.

That's a touch schedule in anyone's book, unless of course you're Duke. And with an ACC schedule that is loaded with away games against excellent teams...why would we need anymore? Greenberg, and the rest of these idiots are going to nitpick any and everything about Duke. Kick everyone's ass, and the rest will take care of itself.

OFC

I love this schedule! First, it's good for these young and talented players to be playing tough competition early. These early tournaments will prepare them for March. Second, it really builds up our resume for selection Sunday.

We have to have one of the tougher out of conference schedules in the last decade at least right? 2 top 3 teams and another top 10 team. 3 top 10 wins and 2 of those being top 3 wins really dont happen all that often. I cant recall a team that has had this brutal of an opening to a season.

I guess not playing Wofford on the road really hurts it though...

Reactions: dukehokie
We have to have one of the tougher out of conference schedules in the last decade at least right? 2 top 3 teams and another top 10 team. 3 top 10 wins and 2 of those being top 3 wins really dont happen all that often. I cant recall a team that has had this brutal of an opening to a season.

Not according to the tarhole fans I come in contact with. Their schedule is waaaaay tougher than ours......that’s what they are saying anyway.

That's a touch schedule in anyone's book, unless of course you're Duke. And with an ACC schedule that is loaded with away games against excellent teams...why would we need anymore? Greenberg, and the rest of these idiots are going to nitpick any and everything about Duke. Kick everyone's ass, and the rest will take care of itself.

OFC
The jealousy is fun. It makes me feel better knowing that people in the world hate Dyou

They also played Elon. So there’s that. I mean a two day break between Elon and Wofford. That’s brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT